The Bachelor’s Degree High Hopes Scholarship Program (BDHH) is a college success program designed to provide mentorship, programs, community support, and resources to motivated and resilient college-bound seniors from Berkeley public high schools. Scholars receive a scholarship of $16,000, payable in installments of $2,000 twice a year for four years.
Scholarships are awarded based on demonstrated financial need, community involvement, and academic and personal achievement. Funds awarded may be used for tuition, books, room and board and incidental expenses in connection with the recipient’s college education. BCS administers Berkeley Rotary scholarships*. Students will submit one application and participate in one interview process to be considered for both the BCS and Rotary scholarships. Only one scholarship will be awarded per student.
*As part of the High Hopes Scholarship Program
The 2021 application period has closed.
Who can apply:
- 2021 graduates of Berkeley High School or Berkeley Technology Academy
- Must have a minimum 2.5 GPA and documented financial need
- Open to undocumented students
What scholars receive:
- $16,000 scholarship, awarded over four years ($2,000 twice a year)
- Individual mentor
- Dedicated College Success Advisor to provide support and help identify resources
- College counseling, life skills training, a supportive community
- Give back to BCS community
- Communicate with mentors, BCS staff, and donors
- Participate in planning and attend BCS events during summer and school breaks
- Attend college full time
- Submit updates twice a year
- Meet with College Success Advisor
- Berkeley High Class of 1951/BCS Scholarship. One student with a GPA of at least 3.5 will be selected to receive this scholarship.
- Berkeley Rotary Scholarships. Applicants for the Rotary Scholarship must meet the same criteria as above, however, the Rotary also considers applicants from Berkeley schools other than Berkeley High School and Berkeley Technology Academy. Berkeley Rotary scholarship recipients are part of the High Hopes Scholarship program but maintain a relationship with the Rotary and are mentored by a Rotary club member.
Have questions about the program?
Contact College Success Manager Lynn Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org