The Bachelor’s Degree High Hopes Scholarship Program (BDHH) is a college success program designed to provide advising, mentorship, career readiness, community support, and resources to motivated and resilient college-bound seniors from Berkeley public high schools. Scholars receive a scholarship of up to $16,000, payable in installments of up to $2,000 twice a year for four years.
Scholarships are awarded based on demonstrated financial need, community involvement, and academic and personal achievement. Funds awarded may be used for tuition, books, room and board, and incidental expenses in connection with the recipient’s college education.
The 2023 application has closed.
Who can apply:
- 2023 graduates of Berkeley High School or Berkeley Technology Academy
- Attending a four-year university in Fall 2023
- Minimum 2.5 GPA
BCS will prioritize students who:
- Demonstrate financial need
- Are first-generation to college
- Identify as part of a group historically underrepresented on college campuses
What scholars receive:
- Up to $16,000 scholarship, awarded over four years (up to $2,000 twice a year)
- Individual mentor
- Dedicated College Success Advisor to provide support and help identify resources
- College counseling, life skills training, a supportive community
- Professional development training and career preparation
- Attend Summer Orientation events during summer prior to freshman year
- Participate in Level Up, BCS’ career readiness program
- Give back to BCS community
- Communicate with mentors and BCS staff
- Attend BCS events/programs during summer and school breaks
- Attend college full time
- Submit updates twice a year
- Meet with College Success Advisor regularly
Have questions about the program?
Check out our High Hopes Application FAQ
Contact College Success Manager Lynn Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org