The Community College High Hopes Program (CCHH) is a college success and matriculation scholarship initiative designed to help Berkeley public school graduates advance on a path to earn a bachelor’s degree that begins with community college. Through the CCHH Program, BCS awards scholarships that support educational costs during their time at community college. CCHH Scholars who are in good standing, have completed a transfer application, and have been admitted to an institution that provides a bachelor’s degree will be eligible to apply for the Bachelor’s Degree High Hopes Program and additional scholarship funds of up to $8,000.
Deadline: Thursday, March 9, 2023 at 11:59 PST
Application Details and Criteria
- Attending a four-year university in Fall 2023
- Minimum 2.5 GPA
- Plan to transfer to a 4-year college
- 2019-2022 graduate of Berkeley High School, Berkeley Technology Academy, or Berkeley Independent Studies
- Currently enrolled at BCC and plan to enroll for the 2023-2024 academic year
- Plan to apply for transfer to a 4-year college in the Fall 2023 or Fall 2024
- Minimum cumulative 2.5 GPA
- Complete a minimum of 12 transferable units by the end of the Fall 2022 semester
- Enroll in a minimum of 12 transferable units for Spring 2023
What scholars receive:
- Up to $2,000 scholarship during your time in community college (up to $500 per term)
- Dedicated College Success Advisor to provide support and help identify resources
- College counseling, life skills training, a supportive community
- Attend three workshops and orientation
- Submit updates twice a year
- Meet with College Success Advisor regularly
- Attend college full-time
- Participate in events and programs with BDHH scholars
BCS will prioritize students who:
- Demonstrate financial need
- Are first-generation to college
- Identify as part of a group historically underrepresented on college campuses
In these sessions, we will present an overview of the scholarship as well as how to be a strong candidate.
To be announced
Attendance of an Information Session is required to attend an Application Workshop.
To be announced
Have questions about the program?
Check out our High Hopes Application FAQ
Contact CCHH College Success Advisor Terrance Powell at email@example.com
BCS Partners through 2020 Vision and Berkeley Promise