The Community College High Hopes Program (CCHH) is a college access and matriculation scholarship initiative designed to help Berkeley public school graduates advance on a path to earn a bachelor’s degree that begins with community college. Through the CCHH Program, BCS awards 10-20 scholarships in the winter each year which supports educational costs during their time at community college CCHH Scholars who successfully transfer to a 4-year university will have the opportunity to apply for additional scholarship funds of $8,000.
The Community College High Hopes application period opens November 3rd, 2020 and will close on February 3rd, 2021.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must be:
- Be a 2017-2020 graduate of Berkeley High School or Berkeley Technology Academy
- Attend Berkeley City College (BCC) for the 2020-2021 academic year with the goal of transferring to a 4-year college
- Plan to apply for transfer to a 4-year college in the Fall of 2021 or Fall 2022
- Contain a minimum GPA of 2.8 (cumulative GPA, not term GPA)
- Complete a minimum of 10 transferable units by the end of the Fall 2020 semester
- Enroll in a minimum of 10 transferable units for Spring 2021
- Be a first-generation-to-college student, living in the lowest economic quartile, and/or are from a group traditionally underrepresented in higher education.
Are you a student that wants more information about our program? Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
What is the CCHH Program?
CCHH is a college access and matriculation scholarship initiative that helps Berkeley public school graduates advance on a path to earn a bachelor’s degree that begins with attending community college.
Our program includes the following for scholars:
- $1,500 scholarship during their time in community college
- Quarterly Workshops to support/assist efforts to transfer to a bachelor’s degree
- Participation in events and programs with BDHH scholars
- Preference in applying for a BDHH Scholarship
- Office hours available to meet with CCSA
In these sessions we will present an overview of the scholarship as well as how to be a strong candidate. RSVP here.
Monday, November 9th – 1:40 – 2:25 PM – via Zoom
Thursday, November 12th – 12:20 – 1:20 PM – via Zoom
Attendance of an Information Session is required to attend an Application Workshop.
Wednesday, November 18th – 12:00 – 1:30 PM – via Zoom
Thursday, November 19th – 12:00 – 1:30 PM – via Zoom
Wednesday, November 25th – 12:00 – 1:30 PM – via Zoom
BCS Partners through 2020 Vision and Berkeley Promise