The Community College High Hopes Program (CCHH) is a college access and matriculation scholarship initiative designed to help Berkeley public school graduates advance on a path to earn a bachelor’s degree that begins with community college. Through the CCHH Program, BCS awards 10-20 scholarships in the winter each year which supports educational costs during their time at community college CCHH Scholars who successfully transfer to a 4-year university will have the opportunity to apply for additional scholarship funds of $8,000.
The application period for the 2020 Community College High Hopes Program has closed.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must be:
- Have graduated from public Berkeley High School in the past four years
- Enrolled at Berkeley City College (BCC) in the Fall
- Intend to transfer to a bachelor’s degree institution
- Preference is given to:
- Students who are with 12-18 months of transferring to a bachelor’s degree institution
- First-generation-to-college student
- students living in the lowest economic quartile (PELL eligible or FRL)
- and/or are from an ethnic group underrepresented in higher education
Are you a student that wants more information about our program? Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
What is the CCHH Program?
CCHH is a college access and matriculation scholarship initiative that helps Berkeley public school graduates advance on a path to earn a bachelor’s degree that begins with attending community college.
Our program includes the following for scholars:
- $1500 scholarship during their time in community college
- Quarterly Workshops to support/assist efforts to transfer to a bachelor’s degree
- Participation in events and programs with BDHH scholars
- Preference in applying for a BDHH Scholarship
- Office hours available to meet with CCSA
BCS Partners through 2020 Vision and Berkeley Promise