March 14, 2020 - March 28, 2020
The Berkeley Community Scholars Alumni Council is hosting a pilot workshop series only for upperclassmen and alumni in the scholarship organization. Selected students will have the opportunity to participate in a 3 week-long boot camp focused on professional development. The workshops will be facilitated by industry professionals from different companies. They will share what recruiters are looking for to help students build a stronger profile and application for jobs and internships. The series is also completely transferable to students interested in applying to graduate school (graduate applications always require a CV, Cover Letter, and sometimes interviews). Students who are interested must apply and are expected to attend each session. Space is limited to eight scholars/alumni.
All workshops will be hosted at the BCS Office at 1654 University Ave, Berkeley, CA.
They will take place the mornings of Saturday, March 14, 21, and 28. Participants must attend all three meetings in person.
1. Communication & Emails, Networking & Branding. Facilitated by Jeremy Brooks, Counselor, UC Berkeley.
2. Resume Building, Cover Letters. Facilitated by Juluo Decastro, Recruiter, Google.
3. Interviewing. Facilitated by Derick Ngan, Recruiter, Facebook.
• BCS Scholar in Third Year or above/Alumni
• Living/Attending School in the local Bay Area
• Attend each workshop session in person
• Complete assignments and actively participate
If you have any questions about the workshop series or the application please contact Eric Jung (High Hopes Alum, 2011) at email@example.com.