About the Program
Level Up is a pilot career readiness program developed in partnership with RepresentEd Leadership. Scholars will receive an eight (8) week virtual professional development training, engage in design thinking and develop essential soft and hard skills through the completion of a final team project. Each participant will learn how to leverage their mentors and build professional networks throughout their college career. At the end of the program, scholars will have the opportunity to present their transformational take-aways.
Level Up consists of 90 – 120 minute sessions and 30 – 60 minutes of homework per session.
Designed to help scholars:
- Define personal interests
- Develop leadership skills
- Build skill sets that improve public speaking, interview skills, teamwork, and social media presence
- Build effective and efficient resumes, cover letters, and elevator pitches
- Practice and have comfort with Human Centered Design
- Leverage mentorship and grow professional connections
- Open to all BCS scholars and recent alumni
- Can attend and fully engage in all 8 group sessions
- Completion of weekly homework
- Willing to step out of comfort zone
- Willing to work on a team
- Willing to complete an individual project that will be shared with others in the community
Group Session Dates
All sessions will take place via Zoom on Wednesday evenings, 5:30 – 7:30pm, from July 6 – August 24, 2022.
- July 6
- July 13
- July 20
- July 27
- August 3
- August 10
- August 17
- August 24
Are you a community member interested in supporting BCS Level Up Fellows?
There are numerous ways you can contribute to the success of our scholars.