About the Program
Level Up is a pilot career readiness program developed in partnership with RepresentEd. Scholars will receive a seven (7) week virtual professional development training, engage in design thinking and develop essential soft and hard skills through the completion of a “design challenge”— a group project solving an organizational problem relevant to their home communities. Each participant will learn how to leverage their mentors and build professional networks throughout their college career. At the end of the program, scholars will have the opportunity to present their transformational take-aways.
Level Up consists of 90 – 120 minute sessions and 30 – 60 minutes of homework per session.
Designed to help scholars:
- Define personal interests
- Develop leadership skills
- Build skill sets that improve public speaking, interview skills, teamwork, and social media presence
- Build effective and efficient resumes, cover letters, and elevator pitches
- Practice and have comfort with Human Centered Design
- Leverage mentorship and grow professional connections
- Open to all BCS scholars and recent alumni
- Can attend all 7 group sessions
- Willing to work on a team
- Willing to complete an individual project that will be shared with others in the community
Group Session Dates
All sessions will take place via Zoom.
- December 8 — Why should you apply for internships?
- January 5 — Orientation; Cultivating Critical Consciousness; Human Centered Design
- January 12 — Power of Presentation; Communication Styles
- January 19 — Workplace Etiquette; Best Practices; Authenticity
- January 26 — Networking – exploring those around you
- February 2 — Meaningful and Resourceful Mentorship; Storytelling
- February 9 — TBA
- February 16 — Presentations and Mock Interviews
Are you a community member interested in supporting BCS Level Up Fellows?
There are numerous ways you can contribute to the success of our scholars.