About the Program
LevelUp is a pilot career readiness program developed in partnership with RepresentEd Leadership open to all current BCS scholars and recent alumni. Scholars will receive a four (4) week, eight (8) session virtual professional development training and develop essential soft and hard skills through the completion of a final team project. Each participant will learn how to leverage passions and skills and build professional networks throughout their college career. At the end of the program, scholars will have the opportunity to present their final project at the LevelUp Symposium.
LevelUp consists of 90 – 120 minute sessions and 30 – 60 minutes of homework per session.
LevelUp covers everything from self-reflection and personal branding to effective resume writing and confident public speaking. RepresentEd’s experienced trainers will guide students through hands-on activities and interactive discussions to help them build their skills and feel confident as they embark on their careers.
Designed to help scholars:
- Define personal interests
- Develop leadership skills
- Build skill sets that improve public speaking, interview skills, teamwork, and social media presence
- Build effective and efficient resumes, cover letters, and elevator pitches
- Leverage mentorship and grow professional connections
Program Requirements & Expectations
At LevelUp, we strive to provide an enriching and impactful experience for all of our participants. In order to get the most out of the program, we have a few expectations for our participants.
- Full Engagement: During the workshops, we expect participants to be fully engaged and actively participating in discussions, group activities, and exercises.
- Homework Completion: In order to fully understand and internalize the skills and concepts taught in the workshops, participants are expected to complete the homework assignments provided.
- Time Commitment: LevelUp is a four-week, eight-session workshop series that requires a time commitment of approximately 5-6 hours per week. Participants are expected to attend all sessions and arrive on time.
- Willing Attitude: At times you will be asked to step out of your comfort zone, speak in front of your peers, and try new things. We strive to create a safe, encouraging, and nonjudgement environment where you can build your skills.
- Application Opens: February 3
- Application Deadline: April 2
Application Help Sessions
- Thursday, February 16 @ 6:00pm
- Thursday, March 2 @ 6:00pm
- Wednesday, May 3 @ 6:00pm
Workshop Session Dates
All sessions will take place via Zoom on Monday and Wednesday evenings, 5:30 – 7:30pm, from July 10 – August 2, 2023.
- July 10 Orientation
- July 12
- July 17
- July 19
- July 24
- July 26
- July 31
- August 2
Application Due June 30, 2023
2023 LevelUp Application
Are you a community member interested in supporting BCS LevelUp Fellows?
There are numerous ways you can contribute to the success of our scholars.